Ilala, Tabata Dar Es Salaam
Our client Wildlife Conservation Society (WCS) is inviting suitably qualified Tanzanians to fill the position of Finance Officer for its Country Office, based in Zanzibar.
Overview of main terms of reference:
- Enter data (financial transactions) for the Country Office to journal templates (SAP JV/AR) either manually or by computer for uploading into the system.
- Check documents and figures to ensure that they are mathematically accurate and properly coded according to the Organization (GL, Fund, Grant, WBS codes etc).
- Verify and process disbursements with relevant supporting documents and also maintaining a register for easy tracking and reference.
- Check all bills to be paid (Account payables) and amounts owed to the Organization (Account receivables) and also assist to check status of various accounts to ensure that all are in balance.
- Keep track of monthly spending versus budget per grant/fund (Budget to Actuals).
- Review completed cash flow forecast and funds requests from field offices before being approved for payment (funds transfer to sites).
- Assist in keeping track of project field advances to staff, ensuring that advances are accounted for in a timely manner according to WCS procedures.
- Reconcile records of bank transactions (monthly bank reconciliations), accounts balances and report discrepancies/errors found in records so that these can be fixed.
- Assist in preparation of regular financial reports extracted from SAP to Project Management and donors.
- Facilitate payment of all statutory obligations and other authorities as per the stipulated timelines by TRA and ZSSF/NSSF etc. as well as handle payroll process.
- Maintaining records and register of all organization’s assets and donors.
- Maintaining an effective filing system of financial documents and ensure that all payment documents are stamped “PAID” to prevent resubmission for another payment.
- To carry out any other general accounting/bookkeeping duties as assigned by the Country Finance Manager.
Key Qualifications :
- Min Bachelors or college diploma in accountancy (or equivalent);
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in accountancy;
- IT literate and competency with reporting and accounting software packages; intermediate to advanced skills in MS Office Suite (Excel) preferred
- Excellent planning, communication and reporting skills. Well organised and thorough.
- A very high level of integrity, honesty and self-responsibility, ability to perform duties with high level of confidentiality and discretion;
- Fluency in spoken and written English and Swahili;
- Ability to work under pressure and to short deadlines – independently and as part of a dynamic team;
- Valid driving license.
A competitive remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidate who will also have the opportunity to work in a large, dynamic conservation program with opportunities to apply and further develop a wide range of protection related skills and approaches.
How to Apply:
Applications should consist of a CV and covering letter. The CV must list three independent referees. Contact details for previous employers should also be provided. Salary expectations must also be specified. Applications should be sent to: email@example.com