Other District Other Location
Minimum Qualification: Masters
Minimum Experience: 10 years
The Branch Manager role will involve managing day to day activity of the current Cotton Business in Tanzania, East Africa including Extension, procurement, processing, quality, logistics. It’s a well-rounded role that gives the experience of managing a large & complex business in one of the fastest growing regions.
Key Performance Matrices include:
- Design, implement and manage the extension and procurement Strategy in the geography with the respective teams below him/her to drive and deliver volumes as per the overall business plan.
- Oversee processing/ginning facility
- Responsible for driving procurement volumes and market shares in the region covered by the Branch
- Support the trading team in trading and positional decisions by providing adequate and timely market information
- Ensure strict adherence to all the laid down systems and procedures without exception
- Ensure that all the direct and indirect costs for the business are within budgets
- Be responsible for the ginning operations – efficiency, cost of production, volumes as per agreed budgets. This is in addition to general administration at the ginnery.
- Interface with appropriate regulatory bodies for obtaining permissions, approvals, etc
- Optimize utilization of processing and quality resources in the country to derive maximum capacity utilization and efficiencies, to eliminate controllable losses & minimize the impact of non-controllable losses
- Capability building amongst local staff & build seamless alignment with strategy in the region.
- MBA with 5 – 7 years of post-qualification industry experience. Non MBA with at-least 10 years of managerial experience in an independent role.
- Prior experience in handling of agri commodities – both procurement and processing – is a must.
Bunda/Mwanza, Tanzania (flexible, anywhere in East Africa)
Olam is seeking to hire a Branch Manager to manage day to day activity of the current Cotton Business in Tanzania