Jhpiego is an international non-profit health organization affiliated with the Johns Hopkins University. For 42 years now, Jhpiego has empowered front-line health workers by designing and implementing effective, low-cost, hands-on solutions to strengthen the delivery of health care services for women and their families. By putting evidence-based health innovations into everyday practice, Jhpiego works to break down barriers to high-quality health care for the world ‘s most vulnerable populations.
Senior Grants Officer [one position based in Dar]
Summary Scope of Work:
The Senior Grants Officer (SGO) will be responsible for oversight and management of the sub grants under Jhpiego!Tanzania’s SAUTI program. S/he advises and assists in the design, development, and oversight of the sub-grants management policies, procedures and practices. Provides guidance and interpretation of grants policy for program staff as well as grantees. Assist the Grants manager to analyze and evaluates grant applications, and awards to ensure adherence to grants management policies and donor requirements and analyzes budget estimates for reasonableness and consistency. He/she will be required to travel to the field to conduct compliance visits.
Bachelor degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field [Master’s degree preferred]
• CPA/ACCA Finalist or equivalent is an added advantage
• Minimum of five (7) years of post-qualification experience in grants management position in a reputable NGO or development agency.
Knowledge, Skills and Experiences
• Communication and interpersonal skills – Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to deal with staff at all levels
• Tax Knowledge – In depth knowledge of Tanzania income tax regulations
• Understanding of USAID rules and regulations
• Supervisory skills- Ability to Mentor and train other Finance staff
• Knowledge of the Microsoft office suite
• Knowledge of sub awards and mandatory award requirements
Jhpiego is an equal opportunity employer and offers a competitive package selected candidates in line with salary history, academic qualifications and relevant experience.
Send the application through email at SautiTZApplications@jhpiego.org Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The closing date for applications is two weeks after the first appearance of this advert. (05 March 2018)
Caution to the applicants:
There have been some bogus job adverts online that require candidates to apply through some email addresses of public domains e.g. Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc. Kindly note:
SautiTZApplications@jhpiego.org is the address to use all the time. Please ignore any of those adverts. We also do not charge any application fee nor entertain any meetings or telephone calls. If short-listed, you will get an official call from our office and receive required steps. If you suspect any wrong – doing kindly write to the Director of Human Resource email@example.com .