UONGOZI Institute seeks to Inspire leaders and promote the recognition of the important role of leadership In sustainable development within Africa.
Located in the President’s Office, United Republic of Tanzania, UONGOZI Institute provides training to leaders from Tanzania and beyond, organizes high-level policy forums and dialogues, and carries out research on leadership and sustainable development.
UONGOZI Institute is currently seeking to recruit a Researcher. The successful candidate will contribute to the research programmes of UONGOZI Institute by carrying out research, publishing, and engaging in policy debates on issues of relevance to leadership for sustainable development in Africa.
Research and Policy
• Assist in the preparation of concept notes and proposals for consultancy, research and policy-sup port work;
• Co-ordinate and monitor outsourced research projects and consultancies as and when required;
• Conduct research on relevant issues in line with the Institute’s Strategic Plan and Programmes;
• Collect and collate material for reference use;
• Assist in the coordination of policy dialogues and various other forums organized by UONGOZI Institute;
• Prepare papers for various forums hosted by UONGOZI Institute;
• Contributing to the UONGOZI Institute Blog;
• Keep abreast of new developments in research and policy as they relate to UONGOZI Institute’s mandate;
• Any other relevant duties as directed by the supervisor.
• Technical papers developed and published
• Research and policy work undertaken
SKILLS / COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
• Qualitative and quantiative research and analytical skills;
• Excellent oral and written communication skills;
• Computer literate (especially with the Microsoft Office package);
Demonstrated creative problem solving skills;
• Knowledge of performance and sustainability reporting;
• Customer focuse;
• Good interpersonal skills;
• Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines; and,
• Commitment to public service.
Master’s in social science AND Post Graduate Qualification in Quantitative and Qualitative Research (or relavant postgraduate qualification)
No less than 5 years of relevant work experience.
An attractive remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidate.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should submit:
• An application with Curriculum Vitae (CV) with email and phone details.
• Contact details for three referees.
• Scanned/certified copies of certificates.
Your application must be received by 22nd April, 2018 using the address below:
Chief Exectitive Officer,
Plot No. 62, Msasanl Road, Oysterbay.
P.O. Box 105753,
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
UONGOZI Institute is an equal opportunity employer.
We regret that we will not be able to contact unsuccessful applicants.
Source: The Guardian March 26, 2018